Tae Kwon Do 태권도
For Ages 6 & up in most classes A special class for 4 & 5 Year olds is available on Saturday mornings.
All Black Belts are certified under the-
- Haidong Gumdo is a Korean sword art which draws from battlefield tactics and techniques to build a curriculum for mental, physical, and spiritual development. Students learn forms, step drills, meditation, sparring, as well as cutting objects.
- Haidong Gumdo can be practiced by people of all ages and physical conditions. It will help to increase confidence, patience, to relieve stress and build a healthy body. It is perfect for those who want to study a martial arts but do not want to be in an art with kicking, punching and throwing.
- Beginners practice with a wooden training sword to develop fundamental basics. Advanced students with proper respect and control train with a metal practice sword (Kagum). As an adult Black Belt student, you can earn the privilege of using a real sword (Jingum).
- Gumbub (sword Form) practice is the core of sword training. It enhances physical strengths as well as the ability to concentrate. The curriculum includes a series of forms, sword techniques that are performed in a specific pattern. These are very dynamic and grow more physically challenging. The gradual progression of the patterns teaches understanding of how to combine various offensive and defense movements to create effective tactics. Students learn different sets of forms based on their rank.
- Bamboo cutting (for Adult Black Belts) is not about physical strength, it is only successful if the cut is performed with speed and proper technique.
2 or more days a week
- $90 per person.
- $130 for a family.
1 day a week
- $70 per person.
- $100 for a family.
NO CONTRACTS. Your First Class is Free.
- Mon7:30 pm to 8:30 pmAll Belts
- Tue6:30 pm to 7:30 pmBeginners / Family, up to Brown Belt
- Wed6:30 pm to 7:30 pmAll Belts
- Thu6:30 pm to 7:30 pmBeginners / Family, up to Brown Belt
- Fri7:30 pm to 8:30 pmBrown, Red, and Black Belts Only
- Sun2:00 pm to 3:00 pmBeginners
- Sun3:00 pm to 4:30 pmBlack Belts
Class times may change, call for the most accurate information.
Things you will learn in Tae Kwon Do
기본동작 Key Bon Dong ChaBasic Movements
격파 Kyok PaBreaking
호신술 Ho Shin SilSelf-Defense
- A Form (Poomsae) is a series of alternate offense and defense movements or techniques which can be practiced and trained, even without a partner.
- A form must be mastered for each color belt requirement (8 forms in total) to achieve black belt and there are more numerous forms to learn during black belt advancement.
Other Tae Kwon Do Items
도복 Do BakUniform
What you will need and when, in your training:
- Before your first test, you will need a White Uniform (v-neck or traditional lap over).
- For sparring you will need cloth shin and instep protection (you may choose from colors white, black, red or blue).
- You may purchase the 4 patches our school uses at any time, but you must have them to test for your Blue Belt.
Tae Kwon Do Belt Order
Yellow Belt, 7th Gup
Orange Belt, 6th Gup
Green Belt, 5th Gup
Blue Belt, 4th Gup
Purple Belt, 3rd Gup
Brown Belt, 2nd Gup
Red Belt, 1st Gup
Deputy Black Belt
Black Belt, 1st Dan
Black Belt, 2nd Dan
Black Belt, 3rd Dan
Black Belt, 4th Dan
Black Belt, 5th Dan
- We, as members, train our spirits and bodies according to the strict code.
- We, as members, are united in mutual friendship.
- We, as members, will comply with regulations and obey instructors.
Official uniforms and bowing to the flag and instructors to show respect upon entering the practice floor are requirements of our martial arts system with no exceptions.
- Senior Instructor
- Assistant Instructor
- Junior Instructor